Muddy Hants is looking for self-confessed culture vultures to intern with us. Preferably arts/media students or graduates, the most important thing is that you can write light, tight, grammatically correct copy.
It’s a tough old job breaking into national media, especially when you live in the sticks and can’t afford to either commute or pay London rents and intern at the same time (erm, who can these days?).
Well here’s your solution. Muddy Hants is looking for a brilliant intern who is a self-confessed culture vulture. Preferably an arts/media student or graduate, the most important thing is that you can write light, tight, grammatically correct copy.
I will give training in SEO, imagery & Word Press plus references from a growing media brand with a national reach. For the right candidate, it is highly likely that this will become a paid role.
In charge of Muddy Hants’ What’s On Guides — researching, writing and finding suitable images, plus scheduling on Facebook and Twitter, and possibly some emailing.
– First and foremost I need a fantastic writer, everything else comes second.
– I also need someone with a good eye for imagery, who will also need to source and check copyright with various businesses.
– Highly organised, accurate, attention to detail.
– A sense of what events will be of interest to Muddy Hants readers.
– Knowledge of social media for business.
– Knowledge of Word Press/scheduling for social media/ SEO (for the right candidate I can give training for this).
Writing and creating content for the The Little Black Book, Muddy Hants’ curated business directory.
– Again, first and foremost I need a fantastic writer.
– Highly organised, accurate, attention to detail: there will be some admin and emailing as part of this role.
– Also someone with a good eye for imagery.
– Knowledge of WP preferable.
I will give training in:
-WP if needed.
There is the possibility that both roles could merge to become one full time paid role.
Interns can work from home, although I would need us to meet once a week in north Hampshire, near Whitchurch.
Please do get in touch with your CV and either a short What’s On sample paragraph, or a short review of a business that you think would fit in Muddy Hants’ Little Black Book.