So you want to work with Muddy Hants?
Here's the low-down on Little Black Book membership and brand partnership with Muddy Stilettos.
As we are a small team and we want to give our businesses the very best experience with Muddy, we only take on a limited number of Little Black Book entries per month. The directory is intentionally tightly curated, and it will remain so because it is a collection of the VERY best businesses in Hampshire.
In other words, it’s an exclusive club and NOT open to all businesses, it’s the Muddy Stilettos mark of quality that our local subscribers across 19 Muddy county editions, will recognise.
- The Muddy credentials:
We are uniquely placed to offer this endorsement thanks to our extensive knowledge of what’s on offer in the county and of local businesses, along with our in-depth understanding of what our readers want. We are known for our independence and curation.
- LBB membership is only open to businesses that fulfill the criteria for joining and are verified by us:
We can only endorse businesses that are the best — whether you’re a fine-dining restaurant or a café; a designer boutique or a village shop; a large digital agency or a brilliant local blogger or social media manager: it’s about being brilliant at what you do, not just about being super-expensive or exclusive.
- Muddy has the design and editorial aesthetics of a national, but the insider knowledge of a local – that’s why our readers trust us. A recent survey to all our 250k subscribers showed that 77% of our readers use our What’s On Guides (which LBB members have priority access to) and a whooping 57% have visited a pub or restaurant recommended by Muddy. As members of the Little Black Book, you can associate yourself with this using the digital and physical ‘Muddy recommends’ stickers we send for your social media, your website and your business frontage. Here’s a mini-version:
- Each LBB member has a page in the directory which is clickable directly from the front page of Muddy Hants (350k page views in 2017), plus new members are posted in an image carousel half-way down the page.
- As a business, it’s hard to promote your brand without sounding too ‘market-speak’. As well as a recommendation, membership of the LBB let’s you tell your story in a fun, accessible Muddy style. Copy for your directory page will be written by an ex-national consumer magazine journalist with years of experience in engaging readers, it will also be SEO’d to the hilt. Here’s an example from Fitique, Alresford.
- Members also have at least one mention in Muddy Hants’ newsletter (8k subs) and we will engage with you on social, be sure to tag in @MuddyHants.
- LBB’ers also have priority access to our front-of-page What’s On Guides (This week, This weekend and This month). These are the most popular pages on the site. They are shared weekly in our newsletter and on social, and our readers survey has proven that 77% of Muddy’s readership use them to plan their time. We do need a nudge sometimes though, so keep in touch about what events you want to promote and include images (at least 1000 px wide).
- As a local publication with a strong web presence we support both bricks and mortar footfall and online sales. Here are our vital stats:
Our annual subscription charge is very reasonable, more details on application.
How to apply for Little Black Book membership?
Email Muddy Hants’ editor, Mary Malyon: firstname.lastname@example.org with a two-line paragraph explaining why you think your business would fit, plus five brilliant images that reflect what you do. They need to be at least 1000px wide and VERY IMPORTANTLY 3rd party copyright protected (we can credit all images if necessary).
As mentioned there is a waiting list, but we will do our very best to reply after two weeks at the most.
Looking forward to hearing from you!