Valentine’s Day Make-Up
Make-up, it’s powerful stuff: Cleopatra had her eyeliner, Monro her red lip. With Valentines Day looming what better time to embrace our inner Egyptian Queen/ Movie Goddess hybrid with a feline flick and some proper grown-up red lipstick?
Enter make-up artist extraordinaire, Faiza Hyder. Not only is she drop-dead stonkingly gorgeous (inside and out, of course), but she rocks the red lip and liner flick combo — a hard one to achieve Muddy Readers. Fear not, the lady kindly let me rifle through her extensive make-up bag and after much ohhing and ahhing (I too have a weakness for maquillage), we nailed the six products you need to put the Va Va Voom back into Valentines.
1. Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow Palette. This is one of her best selling products contouring, highlighting, and giving dull February skin a lift without ever looking ‘over the top’.
2. Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eye Shadow Palette. It smells divine and the colours glide on and blend beautifully. Using neutral eye shadow colours in the palette, like Salted Caramel and Milk Chocolate with just a bit of Triple Fudge on the outer corner, will contour the eyes effectively without taking focus away from the liner.
3. Anastasia Beverly Hills Eyebrow Pomade for shaping and filling eye brows. This glides on effortlessly and dries holding any stray hairs in place.
4. Mac Matte Lipstick in Russian Red and lip pencil in Cherry to line. TOP TIP: Apply lipliner first then perfect with concealer on a brush. Applying lip with a brush or not is simply down to personal preference, but do remember to blot to help the lipstick last maintaining that lovely deep red.
5. Inglot gel liner in 77. It is intensely black and very waterproof so will stay put and won’t smudge! Works best when put on with an angled liner brush. TOP TIP: Draw a draft line with concealer on a brush then trace over with the gel liner. The concealer can be blended away later.
6. Eylure Lashes in Enchanted for a subtle ‘oomph’ without looking ‘too much’.
Faiza is available for weddings and makeovers: 07887 712 188. Or follow her on Instagram: @faizamakeupartistry.