Speedy Supper: Pumpkin, N’Duja & Ricotta Pizza
Bored of Pumpkin Spiced Lattes but need something to use up all those Jack O'Lantern rejects? Then check out this pizza recipe with a major autumnal twist.
Autumn is peak pumpkin season and no doubt your social media is full of smiling people posing with the orange gourds. However, if the thought of making a pumpkin pie or soup is leaving you a bit bored then check out this awesome take on a pizza courtesy of Roccbox by Gozney. Bright orange, full of flavour and the perfect antidote to another night of Shepherd’s Pie, this will be a firm fall fave in no time.
The Roccbox is a super clever portable pizza oven that can be used both inside or outside, cooking Sicilian-style pizza to perfection in a jaw-dropping 60 seconds.
Makes 2 Pizzas;
For the roasted pumpkin;
125g Pumpkin, diced,
1 sprig Rosemary,
1 pinch Chilli Flakes,
1 tbsp Olive Oil
For the pumpkin puree;
125g Pumpkin, roughly chopped,
For the ricotta sauce;
5 tbsp Ricotta,
2 tbsp Olive Oil,
For the toasted seeds;
50g Pumpkin Seeds,
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
2 Dough Balls,
8-10 tbsp Nduja Sausage,
- Roccbox at full whack!
- Put all the roasted pumpkin ingredients in a tray, season, and cover with tin foil. Roast for 15-20 minutes.
- To make the puree, pop all the ingredients in a pan, season, and reduce until almost all the liquid has gone and blitz to a smooth puree.
- For the ricotta sauce, add the oil to the ricotta and season well.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds with the soy sauce until beginning to colour and pop, and set to one side to go on the pizza after it comes out of Roccbox.
- Now it’s time to build your pizza! Open the dough ball into a skin, top with the ricotta sauce and slop about the pumpkin puree before adding the Nduja, roasted pumpkin and mozzarella.
- Cook the pizza and top with the toasted seeds as soon as it comes out of Roccbox