Skin Logic Beauty, Romsey
Muddy says: The latest, London-standard facial treatments only minutes from the M3? Hello Skin Logic, a must-visit beauty salon whose therapists live and breathe skincare.
After uber-modern facial treatments and advice? Hello Skin Logic, an short drive from the M3 in the chocolate-box market town of Romsey with its easy parking, great independent shops and cafés (No. 5 for coffee, The Consortium for interiors), think stress-free, girls day-out.
The clue’s in the name folks: Skin Logic specialises in skincare. From acne to anti-ageing, the passionate therapists are deeply knowledgeable with a huge range of facial treatments on offer. The go-to is well-respected Parisian pharmaceutical brand, Guinot, which has awarded the Romsey salon crown status — French for le bees-knees, mais oui. Muddy tried Guinot’s Hydraderm Cellular Energy facial and saw a glowing improvement which only increased as the days went on. [Read Muddy reviews Guinot’s Hydraderm Cellular Energy facial at Skin Logic]
Other skincare goodies on offer include facial acupuncture; a visiting practitioner for aesthetic treatments *bonjour botox*; a medical tattoo artists for nipple reconstruction, it’s incredibly believable apparently; and a semi-permanant make-up artist for cosmetic work such as brows, liner and lips. Owner, Sara, lives and breathes skincare — after a consultation, she tailors treatments to her clients’ skin and is always happy to advise about effective, personalised skincare routines. Your standard waxing, manis, pedis etc. are also available. Sara has also completed a course on oncology massage so, unlike many salons, Skin Logic offers gentle beauty treatments for those under-going chemotherapy. The space itself is small, colourful and chic with three comfortable treatments rooms.
Here’s a quick round-up of treatments on offer in the salon:
- Highly effective peels without the pain (great for brightening superficial pigmentation).
- Acne care for teens and beyond including peels and gentle LED treatment.
- The full range of Guinot’s electrical treatments including anti-ageing, detoxing, lifting and collagen boosting.
- Micro-dermabrasion to ‘prep’ skin.
- Radio-frequency facials, great for skin-tissue tightening and increasing bounce and density.
- No-needle mesotherapy infusing a cocktail of tailored serums into the skin.
- LED light therapy.
- Aesthetic treatments from a visiting nurse including fillers and botox.
- Medical tattoist.
- Facial acupuncture (very good for rosacea apparently).
- Advice on supplementation.
- CryoDerm freezing technique for age-spots.